Beach Puddle

Beach Puddle
Memories of St Helens weekend.

Thursday 5 May 2011

In Recovery Mode

Well Woodfire Tas has come and gone and after camping in my tent for 8 nights I am lovin my bed...and my bed warmer!! What a fantastic experience it was in 100 different ways I could go on and on , just like the Basketry Gathering so many things going on and terrific people, food , exhibitions, demos and workshops....
  Many people will remember it with great fondness I am sure especially the award winners ...many different categories and competitions were held over the time culminating in a great team event at Reedy Marsh on Sunday... clay making, kiln building and firing ,pot making and cooking and presenting the goods to 3 very hard judges.
  Four great teams produced the goods in an amazing show of skill , ingenuity,tenaciousness and  creativity it was a joy to watch.They all deserved to win and each team ended up with something !!
Congratulations must go to Neil for organising the conference and to his team of helpers who helped pull it all together over the last year or so and everyone who came along to make it the success it was.

1 comment:

  1. And congratulations to you too Jilli. My informers tell me that you were flat out taking care of people and processes as well. I'm sure you helped to make the conference the great success that it was.
    The photos I have seen so far and feedback from those who attended confirm that it was a fabulous event.

    ReplyDelete