Beach Puddle

Beach Puddle
Memories of St Helens weekend.

Saturday 13 April 2013

Catch up time...

It has been a month or two or three....Heaps of stuff has happened in that time  mostly good too :) 

I had a great trip to the National basketry Gathering in Canberra ..our nations capital ...and it's centenary.
Met up with many old friends and aquaintances over the four days.Met some lovely new people who share my passion for doing stuff... It was arranged for me to move out of the room I was sharing with my dear Tassie mates because (you guessed it !)  I snored way to loud.. I was happy in my own space and so were the others in there quieter one.
I then spent a couple of days in Sydney with my cousin which was lovely.Hot though.

I curated an exhibition last Nov called 'GATHER' (it is now touring the state with TRA) for our members and we are now working towards "From Forest To Foreshore' another state wide exhibition for October/November at Gallery Parnella in St Helens...
Our Basketmakers have a facebook page now  so swing by and like us if you wish , 
and keep up with what is happening in Tassie.
https://www.facebook.com/BasketmakersOfTasmania

So has Tin Shed Pottery (if you don't know already. )
https://www.facebook.com/TinShedPottery
It is Tin Shed Pottery's 10th Anniversary on 1st of July ( and hubby's 60th) we are holding a celebratary exhibition titled 'DECADE' .It will show case 18 of our resident artisans/ craftspeoples terrific work.
It will be held at the Mill Providore and Gallery  in June/July.

I have the kids and kiddies coming for dinner so better do a bit more organising.


No comments:

Post a Comment