Beach Puddle

Beach Puddle
Memories of St Helens weekend.

Friday 8 July 2011

catching up

It has been another busy week.... smoked some more buttons .  Enjoyed some live music and whipped up a basket and played with some willow ,along with chatting and eating and celebrating son in laws 42nd and tidying and working at the Poly and many other small things to numerous to mention.Oh and freezing cold if you stepped away from the heater for to long Brrrrr.......

 this is an in progress close up of the basket I made out of New Zealand Flax...  It is all done now and ready for the Lighthouse Regional Arts Exhibition in George Town ... The theme isWild and Wonderful , I
think it will fit in ok.






 
THE TIN SHEDDERS  
 
 Wal Sutherland and John Boxer are a fabulous duo who meet at the Tin Shed every second Thursday and play and sing for us ! We are truly lucky to have such talent around us and they are so generous to share it with us ...it really makes our week ! Thanks guys.

Of course Wal is a famous artist and has a studio space with us you can see some of his recent works in the background....I can see a lozenge or two there Wal !!!! 

And I do believe I have mentioned John and his lovely wife Jacque have a fabulous little shop in Deloraine called Bohemian Arts  check it out here

and here are some of my latest smoke fired buttons , I got some lovely warm pinks and browns in this lot . I am very pleased with them !






No comments:

Post a Comment